Environmental Scientist Jobs in Louisiana
• Candidate must have a minimum of four-year bachelor's degree in biology, ecology, environmental science or other related discipline such as wildlife and fisheries, biological science, natural resources, soil, forestry, or environmental sciences. • Entry level - no experience required. • Must have general knowledge of biological, natural or environmental science principles. • Ability to write ...
Chicago Bridge & Iron Company Houma, LA, 70361
Environmental Scientist Houma, Louisiana Summary: Performs a variety of scientific work as an Environmental scientist for the Coastwide Reference Monitoring System (CRMS) project. Wetland restoration efforts conducted in Louisiana require monitoring the effectiveness of individual projects as well as monitoring the cumulative effects of all projects in restoring, creating, enhancing, and prote...
• Bachelor's degree in environmental, civil, chemical or related engineering field. • Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE) or the ability to obtain in six months. • Minimum seven years of experience with engineering for civil construction, remediation, or hazardous/solid waste design and planning. • Master's degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for one...
• Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Geology or related field • Project Management Certification/ ability to obtain certification • 5 years of remediation project management experience or 4 years of project experience with one of those years as a task manager, or 3 years of project experience • Experience with regulatory agency interaction • Skill in integrating multidisciplinary proj...
Overview Environmental scientists supervise the scientific research for environmental health and industrial hygiene. As an officer on the U.S. Army health care team, their knowledge helps prevent illness and injury for military personnel. Job Duties Identify, evaluate and recommend the course of action to control potential health hazards Assess weapons, equipment, clothing and material systems...
Overview Nuclear medicine scientists are primarily responsible for medical defense that is related to chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear matters. As an officer on the U.S. Army health care team, you’ll have the opportunity to enhance your skills while conducting research that supports our national defense. Job Duties Functions in medical nuclear/radiological defense operations, nucl...
Danaher Corporation New Orleans, LA
Representative II Sales-DIA004989Danaher Company DescriptionBeckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Scientis...
Sasol has an open position for a Chemist – Analytical Services at the Lake Charles Chemical Complex within the Analytical Services division of the Research and Development department. We are now seeking qualified candidates for the selection process. Below are some details of the requirements: Job Requirements : Responsible for safely conducting a broad spectrum of laboratory experiments under t...
Sasol has an open position for a Chemist – Technical Customer Support. This position will report through the Research and Development Department located at the Lake Charles Chemical Complex. Below are some details of the position requirements: Job Requirements : Responsible for safely conducting a broad spectrum of laboratory experiments under the direction of senior researchers, for properly ma...
Danaher Corporation Baton Rouge, LA
Representative II Sales - DIA004520 Danaher Company Description Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic systems are found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world and produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment decisions and monitor patients. Sci...
VWR International , Inc. New Orleans, LA
Sales Associate - Pharma/Biotech/Industrial Physical Location: Remote Location: Sales - Southwest Zone Location City: New Orleans Department/Function: Sales State/Territory/Province: US-LA Last updated: 10/31/14 1:41 PM Description VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions with worldwide sales in...
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or appropriate discipline • Ability to obtain a professional engineering license within one year • Minimum four years of relevant experience in project engineering for airports and general site development, such as: site layout and planning, site drainage, storm water management, work zone design, signing and pavement marking, pavement design, airfield en...
• Bachelor's degree in environmental, civil, chemical or related engineering field. • Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE), or the ability to obtain within 12 months. • Minimum seven years of relevant experience in Water Permitting. • Master’s degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience. • Diversified knowledge of engin...
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. • Minimum of 10 years of experience in Geotechnical engineering to include investigation, lab analysis, geotechnical analysis and design; Master's degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience. • Project management experience. • Technical leadership of analytical methods, numerical modeling, and overall d...
• Bachelor's degree Environmental Engineering or similar degree • Minimum seven years of air quality dispersion modeling and permitting, including PSD and Title V as well as emissions control and compliance programs • Proficient using AERMOD and understand EPA modeling guidelines and policies. • Experience with air quality task management, including contributing to proposals, communicating with...
• Bachelor's degree Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar degree • Minimum seven years of PSD and Title V permitting, including air quality modeling as well as emissions control and compliance programs • Proficient using AERMOD and understand EPA modeling guidelines and policies • Experience with air quality task management, including contributing to proposals, communicatin...
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or appropriate discipline • Fundamentals in Engineering (FE) registration or ability to obtain immediately • Minimum two years of relevant experience • Good communication skills, technical writing skills and ability to interact with clients and project managers • Ability to use HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, GIS and MicroStation • Qualified applicants who are offer...
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2013. VWR enables science in laboratory and production facilities in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. With more than 160 years of experience, VWR o...
Intertek Saint Rose, LA, 70087
GENERAL DESCRIPTION of RESPONSIBILITY · B To provide, in a safe, legal, and ethical manner, the technical expertise and non-routine problem solving skills needed to support the analytical and testing services of the Laboratory, as delegated by the Lab Manager. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES · To analyze samples as per AACC, AOCS, AOAC, USDA and other approved methods. · To devise and apply the metho...
• Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or other related field • Minimum two years of relevant experience • Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word • Ability to use Power Point and Microsoft Project • Ability to exhibit systematic and orderly planning and organizing skills while managing multiple tasks simultaneously • Attention to detail • Excellent inter-personal skills and demonstrate...
Get new jobs by email for this search
We'll keep looking and send you new jobs that match this search.
Upload your resume and let employers find you!
It's that simple!
Science Career Tools
$29,120.00 - $85,000.00
Typical Salary for Environmental Analyst in Louisiana
Source: Monster.com Careerbenchmarking Tool
Education / Training
Some College Coursework Completed
Source: Monster.com Careerbenchmarking Tool
Controls pollution by identifying sources and methods of control.
Rate of Growth
Size of Industry in 2006:
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, May 2006
Attention to Detail
General Consulting Skills
Provides technical-level support for environmental remediation and litigation projects, including remediation system design and determination of regulatory applicability.
Recommends corrections and alleviations by assessing pollution problems; identifying and evaluating pollution control approaches; establishing standards.
Popular Environmental Scientist Articles
Engineers of all specialties are in demand. Explore careers in the engineering industry and search for engineering jobs now.
Get into the Green
Opportunities for environmental engineers and scientists are rising, but you need not be a science student to pursue a green career. Learn more.
How to Find a Low-Stress Job
Is your job stressing you out? Chronic job stress can be alleviated with the right job change. Here are some examples of low-stress jobs.
The Top 10 Hardest Jobs to Fill
In a soft economy, where should you look for work? Maybe you can start with those industries that have the most need, according to one survey.
2010 Hiring Outlook
Employment might improve marginally in 2010, but the hole we're climbing out of is so deep you may not notice. Are there any bright spots? Find out here.