Environmental Scientist Jobs in North Carolina
101 North Carolina Environmental Scientist jobs found on Monster.Jobs 1 to 20 of 101
Moffatt & Nichol Raleigh, NC, 27611
Moffatt & Nichol's Raleigh office is actively searching for an Environmental Scientist/Environmental Planner with 5+ years of experience in preparing NEPA/SEPA documents, conducting ecological field investigations (wetlands, protected species, plant and animal surveys, etc.), permitting, and agency coordination. Must have BS/BA in natural sciences, physical sciences, or planning; MS preferred. Exc...
Environmental Monitoring Supervisor Direct Hire Position Summary Responsible for supervising the activities of Environmental Monitoring technicians and scientists that provide production coverage on all shifts. Responsible for effectively hiring, developing, coaching, counseling, managing and motivating staff. Currently 4 direct reports but will fluctuate with the needs of the business. Respons...
Ecological • Environmental • Engineering POSITION DESCRIPTION 1. Service Line Compliance – North Carolina Operations 2. Title Jr./Mid Environmental Scientist/Engineer 3. Duties and Responsibilities Position Summary Assist Sr. Professionalsto develop, implement, and maintain procedures and programs to conduct fieldwork and calculations, prepare permits and regulatory documents, minimize env...
Dewberry Raleigh, NC, 27611
Job Description: Part-Time T&E Species Specialist - Environmental Scientist Dewberry is seeking a part-time Environmental Scientist who is knowledgeable in the identification of Threatened and Endangered (T&E) Species and their habitats. The ideal candidate must have at least 8 to 10 years of experience and should be able to prepare ecological assessments and perform threatened and endangered sp...
• Bachelor of Science Degree in a scientific discipline • Minimum 2 years of experience in data collection, review, and reporting • Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel • Understanding and application of the fundamentals of schedule and budget management to project tasks • Knowledge in the practices required to generate valid scientific data. Ability to use this knowledge to assess the qua...
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution • Minimum 6 years of experience in with air emissions testing using EPA reference methods • Experience with complex interactions between consultants, industrial and government clients, and regulatory authorities • Experience scheduling staff and equipment for project tasks and budget management • Experience with effectively supervi...
AMEC Charlotte, NC, 28201
Role Overview AMEC Environment & Infrastructure seeks an Environmental Scientist or Engineer in Charlotte to support our growing environmental assessment and remediation practice. Key Responsibilities Provide technical support to Project Managers on assessment and remediation programs Coordinate and implement field sampling and provide oversight support for hydrogeologic site characterization, env...
AMEC Durham, NC, 27701
Role Overview AMEC Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist to join our team in Durham, NC. Key Responsibilities Candidate will work under supervision of senior staff. Anticipated tasks for this position include: Responsible for well installations, site inspections, sampling soil, groundwater, and soil gas for environmental site assessments and remedial activiti...
Job Description Solutions-IES is hiring mid to senior level environmental consultants with an excellent reputation in key practice areas. Disciplines include: · Engineers · Chemists / Geochemists · Geologists / Hydrogeologists · Biologists / Microbiologists · Environmental Specialists We are seeking well-rounded individuals who: · provide top-level technical expertise · know how to manage...
Performs analytical research and development activities , usually working with some supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. May be assisted by laboratory technicians/assistants or associate level scientists. Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. Has appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision. He/she may direct projects and employees,...
Under general supervision, plans, conducts and supervises analytical research and development activities involving the identification, assessment and development of new scientific concepts and technologies. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Plans and assigns personnel for given projects or tasks. Recommends changes in procedures. Operates with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or de...
ID: 2014-11412 Required Clearance: Secret, obtainable within 24 months Job Location: US-NC-McLeansville Posted Date: 7/9/2014 Company Overview: General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems is a provider of end-to-end Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) solutions to help ensure our customers have the right information when they need it to act with confidence in their high stak...
PLANT SCIENTIST / LAB TECHNICIAN / GREENHOUSE / BIOLOGIST Greenhouse Technician / Lab Technician will assist in activities pertaining to physiological research of crop plants including: Greenhouse Technician will produce high quality plant material and assist in the daily operations of the greenhouse and plant growth chamber facilities to support diverse programs in plant biotechnology research ...
At minimum we require a Master’s degree in Chemistry with high marks in physical chemistry, environmental science, or physics. You preferentially will have experience in mass spectrometry and atmospheric science including aerosol chemistry. As a PhD candidate you should have a strong background on computational chemistry COMPCHEM, Aerodyne CIMS system and the characterization of polar organic com...
EnviroTrac Ltd. is a full service environmental consulting firm with offices located in MA, NY, NJ, PA, MD, VA, NC, GA, and FL. EnviroTrac Ltd. has extensive experience in Phase I & Phase II Environmental Site Assessments for legal, lending, real estate and commercial clients. We provide services to meet all aspects of RCRA, CERCLA, USDOT, CAA, CWA, OSHA, state and local regulations. We are curren...
URS Corporation Charlotte, NC, 28201
• Minimum Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Civil or related engineering field • Professional Engineering (P.E.) license in North or South Carolina • Minimum 7 years of related engineering experience in one or more of the following areas: Clean Air Act compliance (federal as well as state and local regulations), the preparation of air emissions inventories, preparation of new source and Title ...
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, environmental engineering, or a related degree program • Minimum 5 years of experience working in environmental, health and safety compliance, hazardous waste and solid waste management, recycling, pollution prevention, Emergency Planning Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) reporting, environmental management systems implementation, and/or ene...
• Minimum BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related engineering discipline. • Minimum Engineering Intern (EI) certification • Must be capable of using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software • Periodic travel is required, including overnight trips of one to two weeks duration • Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to safely drive extended distances • Pos...
• Bachelor's degree in urban planning, architecture, environmental science, transportation, civil engineering, public policy, preservation or related area of study, or demonstrated combination of education, skills, knowledge, ability and experience • Knowledge of the principles and practices of planning, research and data collection • Knowledge of a relevant specialization, such as transportatio...
Lockheed Martin Corporation Research Triangle Park, NC
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Sr. Environmental Engineer to join our team in our Research Triangle Park, NC office. The ideal candidate will perform Environmental analyses using GC/MS and MS/MS in mobile laboratory supporting vapor intrusion sampling or Environmental Responses. The ideal candidate must be able to obtain a public trust clearance. Basic Qualifications 3-5 years hands on experien...
Get new jobs by email for this search
We'll keep looking and send you new jobs that match this search.
Upload your resume and let employers find you!
It's that simple!
Science Career Tools
$29,120.00 - $85,000.00
Typical Salary for Environmental Analyst in North Carolina
Source: Monster.com Careerbenchmarking Tool
Education / Training
Some College Coursework Completed
Source: Monster.com Careerbenchmarking Tool
Controls pollution by identifying sources and methods of control.
Rate of Growth
Size of Industry in 2006:
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, May 2006
Attention to Detail
General Consulting Skills
Inspects industrial and municipal facilities and programs to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
Identifies citizen/consumer requirements by conducting surveys and interviews.
Popular Environmental Scientist Articles
Engineers of all specialties are in demand. Explore careers in the engineering industry and search for engineering jobs now.
Get into the Green
Opportunities for environmental engineers and scientists are rising, but you need not be a science student to pursue a green career. Learn more.
How to Find a Low-Stress Job
Is your job stressing you out? Chronic job stress can be alleviated with the right job change. Here are some examples of low-stress jobs.
The Top 10 Hardest Jobs to Fill
In a soft economy, where should you look for work? Maybe you can start with those industries that have the most need, according to one survey.
2010 Hiring Outlook
Employment might improve marginally in 2010, but the hole we're climbing out of is so deep you may not notice. Are there any bright spots? Find out here.